How It All Started

Saturday 25 January 2014

DIY: Studded Denim Gilet/Waistcoat









A couple of summers ago i decided i really needed a denim gilet to wear over my many dresses so i found this one in Internationale for round about £13 and it was just what i was looking for.

I tried it on with nearly all of my dresses but there seemed to be something missing. A couple of months before i had customized a plain black slouch bag with some small pyramid studs and i remembered i had some spare (light bulb moment).

I placed studs along the shoulders, on the edge of the collar and the pockets.
I thought it added a little something extra to the plain denim and it matches all my usual silver jewellery.

I think I've've got the DIY bug now as i want to customize more pieces so i think i will invest some different shape studs and go a bit stud happy! 




No comments:

Post a Comment