How It All Started

Sunday 5 January 2014

Hopes



Hopes for 2014

Now that the new year has begun I got thinking about my hopes. I don't make resolutions because let's face it I get to the end of the month and I still haven't even attempted to 'work out more' etc etc....

My main hopes for this year is to:

1. Find a job I enjoy

I am determined to find a job I enjoy. I've found out the hard way and ended up in a position i hated.
As cheesy as it sounds, I want to wake up and be happy that I'm going to work not feeling miserable before I've even got there!
I want a job that I can use my skills and even improve them so I can be inspired to do things in life.
I want to feel like I've achieved something and I'm praised for it not just another person on the payroll.

2. I want to learn to drive

I'm one of those people who decided when I was 17 that I didn't want lessons for my birthday and I really do regret it as I could have happily been driving for a while now instead of saving up! 

I feel it will give me a sense of freedom and I'll be more independent. It's a skill I would love to have and I must admit I am scared of the thought of actually driving a car. However I am definitely going to face my fear and learn!

3. Do more of what I love

I've always been a creative person, I have an enormous art kit and I haven't even touched a sketch book in about 5 years which makes me quite sad. I always used to spend my spare time painting and doodling, now I've been sucked into the world of social media. I would love to fill my sketch books and have a portfolio of my work just to look back on in 15-20 years time.

4. Take more photos

I love photography and experimenting with my camera yet I never take that many photos which is 
really strange (confused face).
I used to have a wall collage full of photos but once I decorated I fancied a change and I realised that I wouldn't even have enough recent photos to fill half the wall. I want to be one of those slightly annoying people who take photos of practically everything just so I can keep those happy memories. Having this blog will encourage me to take more so I am one step closer.

5. Travel more and finally go on a aeroplane

This year I am really desperately hoping I can have a holiday abroad, now I know most people will be like why not just book one then. Well I have bad luck when it comes to planning a holiday. Every time I've tried to book a trip aboard i never end up going for many reasons. I have never been on an aeroplane (honestly!!) and I absolutely love travelling by car, coach and train. I think travelling there and back is a major part of the trip, it builds the excitement of arriving at the destination and it brings that wonderful feeling of getting back to the home comforts. I also want visit more places in the UK as I haven't ventured that far in a good while!. So yes I will set foot on a aeroplane and a sandy beach abroad this year if it kills me!

6. Be more positive

I have a tendency to over think most things and I really want to worry less and just enjoy life more as cliche as it sounds!

And finally 7.  Have the confidence to mix up my wardrobe

I love clothes shopping and I have the habit of spot buying, I don't even think do I need it, I just have to have it. I always end up in the same 3 items of clothing which even I am getting bored with!
So I have made a promise to myself I will wear more of what's in my wardrobe. I'll  be more creative when it comes to putting outfits together rather than just finding the nearest jumper/jeans combo!


I apologise for the blabber but I like spill my thoughts as they come to me!

What are your hopes for 2014? 









No comments:

Post a Comment